Some days are so trying, it may feel like life will always be a struggle. And, it may be. We can expect trouble because God didn’t promise us a life without problems. In John 16:33, He did say, however, “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
He is the One we need to run to when life becomes overwhelming and the suffering too much. I’ve mentioned previously that Christian music and worship help draw me closer to Him. He will give us peace, even during trials, but we must make that time to reach for Him. Here’s my new “Holding onto His Hope” playlist:
- Keep on Hoping-Riley Clemmons
- Hold Onto Me-Lauren Daigle
- Cling-Lion & Bear
- Fighting for Me-Riley Clemmons
- Carry Me-NEEDTOBREATHE (feat. Jon Foreman of Switchfoot)
- Maybe It’s OK-We Are Messengers
- Hold Us Together (Hope Mix)-H.E.R. and Tauren Wells
- Light of Your Grace (Radio Version)-Citizens
- In This Moment-Riley Clemmons
- It’s Always Been You-Phil Whickham
- God of the Wilderness-Shaylee Simeone
- Can’t Take Away-Jeremy Camp
- Even at My Worst-Blanca
If you’ll hold on to me for dear life, says God,
“I’ll get you out of any trouble.
I’ll give you the best of care
if you’ll only get to know and trust me.
Call me and I’ll answer, be at your side in bad times;
I’ll rescue you, then throw you a party.
I’ll give you a long life,
give you a long drink of salvation!” -Psalms 91:14-16 MSG